Picnic Quilt

I've been dreaming of making a fun, bright picnic quilt for quite a while now.  For my birthday this year my sister-in-law gave me a gift certificate to my favorite fabric store in the Salt Lake area and so began my quilt.

It began with an inspiration piece
I don't remember the source, sorry.
I am not a huge fan of patterns so I sat down and drew out my own pattern, based on this inspiration piece and the dimensions that I wanted.


Satisfied with my drawings I was off to the fabric store the next day.  I came home with these beauties!


I spent the next 10 million hours sewing, ironing and sewing some more quilt blocks.  Finally the moment arrived that they were all complete.

 Next was the fun part, positioning all the squares so that they were evenly spaced and non of the middles were too close to a similar middle.  Once I was satisfied I began sewing all the individual squares together, adding the border and sew, sew, sewing some more to get the final product.





Love it and can't wait to have a picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment