Then & Now

I figured I'd do a few posts about the history of my scrap-booking, like the greatest hits of my years of scrap-booking.  It's so much fun to see how my scrap-booking evolved.

Here we go....


This layout is circa 2005.  It was the first party that Mr. R and I had as a newly married couple.  I crafted up a few "spooky" invitations and invited everyone to our house for a pumpkin carving party.

The whole invitation (the left layout) was inspired by a tree stencil I found.  I knew I had to do somethings crafty with it and viola, invites for 7!  The layout is pretty simple and clean.








This was our first Christmas.  Our sad looking tree (it was actually a tree top out of our in-laws yard, they took the bottom half and we took the top). 

I loved the stockings embellishments that I made.  The gems on the tops added an extra sparkle that the holidays deserve.  As you can see I was in a huge phase of having a solid stripe of paper, pictures or embellishments on one side of the layout, I didn't even noticed I did this all the time until Mr. R pointed it out.






Circa 2007, I love the simpleness of this layout and the colors!  I had pictures with pretty intense color and amazing scenery and I wanted to show those off more than paper and embellishments.  The photo on the top left featuring Mr. R was even entered in some photo contests!


Since the layout was pretty simple I added some thickers for the title in order to add a small pop without overshadowing the pictures.






 2007 was a year of many adventures for us.  This was on a hike near the city we lived in at the time.  It was such a pretty day and despite getting a little lost in the beginning, we had a really fun time.  I loved the colors in this layout too, green and brown combinations were just starting to enter my layouts.  Again, this one is simple and clean-lined, my favorite!

One of the best parts of the layout was the ribbon that held all the pictures on the left together.  It looks like the ribbon tied to the title supports all the pictures and they are "hung" from the title.  






I wanted this layout to agin feature the picture and not so much of anything else.  I was supposed to get another 8x11 picture but ended up getting a 5x7 so I made it work.

I loved the tin embellishments at the bottom.  THey had the same clean feeling of the whole layout and the pattern cut in the bottom of them tied the ribbon in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment