More Layouts

You really can have layouts with no pictures!  I just finished this layout about a date that Mr. R and I went on before we were married.  This was all about the beach, what we found there and a story that Mr. R told me while we were there.  In order to give the beach feel to the layout I went with light airy colors.  There were no photos of this date but there was memorabilia found on the beach.  The whole layout centered around that memorabilia so I made a cute little envelope the highlight of this layout.  





I never scrapbook in chronological order so again, this too is from before we were married.  I always loved this snapshot that someone took of us at my sister's wedding.  I wanted to be able to pull out the colors of my dress and give this a formal feel.  Mission accomplished.




After a fun surprise by Mr. R for Valentines Day I snapped a few pictures.  I was playing around with some settings on my camera and captured some really fun angles of this event.  I wanted to get away from the simple clean-lined layouts I normally do so I went all out.  There isn't a ton on this layout but it does give it a busier feel.







This layout was so much fun.  I loved all the unusual angles and lines of this piece.  I wish you could see all the detail.  Some of the eggs in the background paper are two-dimensional and add a whole new 'level' of fun!  The text was all typed in a comic-book font adding more fun and interest.









I thought I was on the start of a flourishing herb garden (didn't last long).  I wanted to feature trees that I'd been seeing everywhere in layouts.  I found one piece of patterned paper I liked and two solid colors that complimented it.  I knew I wanted more interest than just solid paper so I too stamps and embossing powder and made my own patterned paper.  I love the grungy outdoor feel of this piece.






Can you tell we like the outdoors?  I wanted to do a whole layout without patterned paper, accomplished.  I used enough variety of colors that it gives a busy feel (like patterned paper would) but it's really clean lined at the same time.  The title was made using the negative images from my Cricut.  I loved the contrast of the thick chunky ROCK letters and the small flirty climb letters.







Some amazing photos were taken on this family trip to the dunes.  I wanted those photos featured and the fun memories that went with them.  I used white paper for the background, to make the pictures the focus and pulled out the colors of the photos in the paper I used.  The layout design was scrap-lifted from an Ali Edwards layout and I loved how simple it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment